What the fuck-hell has happened to college comedies? They used to be full of property destruction, drinking, vomiting, shenanigans, and tits, but ever since the 1990's ruined everything they've almost all been completely weak. This one is about some drips who rent an old insane asylum and open a fake college, and while there are some shenanigans and destruction on display (jumping a motorbike into a swimming pool, throwing a TV out a window, explosions), not one single person vomits and worst of all there's no tits whatsoever, and when you see the licktacular little redhead who plays one of the main kids you'll understand what an insurmountable oversight that really is:
|Certified licktacular. And mountable.|
They manage to work in everything lame about college comedies though: the dean of a legitimate college wants to shut them down, and his assitant is a typical douchebag frat guy (defined of course as any frat guy), so even though this movie is about a fake fucking college they still find a way to work in an evil dean and an evil fraternity! Duh. And it all ends with a trial, which is one of the big cop-outs screenwriters always use when they're too untalented (or drunk) to think up an actual ending. Talk about fucking lame. Just off the top of my head I can come up with plenty of endings that would have been considerably better:
- The school is shut down, but everyone learns a valuable lesson. And goes to jail.
- Everybody dies (this is always a good ending)
- The redhead can't take the suspense anymore, so she strips.
- At the last minute, a heroic dog saves the day.
- The Huntingtons play an impromptu concert, and the school explodes.
- It turns out the redhead was a ghost the whole time, so she strips.
- The fat kid becomes the Starchild.
- Scavenger hunt!
- James Bond rides in dressed as the King of England and orders the redhead to strip.
- "Mr. Rusk, you're not wearing your tie."
- The redhead gets shot, and, with her dying breath, she strips.
- At the suggestion of Rodney Dangerfield, everybody takes a shower.
Buy my books.