Tuesday, April 23, 2013

My Father's Mistress (2012)


Caught this one at the Sunscreen Film Festival in St. Petersburg, Florida, and the two cats who made it flew all the way in from Japan for the screening. Here's a funny thing though: seems they have a Japanese restraining order against one of the actresses now, and the crazy bitch actually showed up. Now that is one psychotic trick. Looking back, I kinda wish I would've hit on her.


So anyway, this cute little chippie overhears her mom arguing with the other woman, but since pop is croaking on his deathbed anyway she figures why not let the home-wrecking whore see him one last time? She chases the woman down to tell her what hospital dad is in, only to find herself rapping with the tramp and learning to move on with her own life in the process. There's an actual word for "Japanese family drama" (besides "boring", I mean) and I forget what it is, but if you like those then My Father's Mistress really is a pretty good movie. If not, then just pretend that this is all just the build-up before the Smog Monster attacks. Either way, you should definitely support these guys, because they were super cool and they flew all the way to the United States to promote their movie, and that shows real dedication. Of course, stalking two young filmmakers all the way from Japan to the United States shows some real dedication too, so following my argument to its logical conclusion I guess their whack-job former actress has my support as well. I just hope these guys make many more good movies before she kills and eats one or both of them.

The Smog Monster
----------
Buy my books here. Arigatou gozaimasu!

2 comments:

  1. "I just hope these guys make many more good movies before she kills and eats one or both of them."

    That would make one hella movie! And by "eat" I mean either figuratively or literally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She was a cutie. Too bad flights are so expensive or I'd ask her to stalk me. And by "stalk" I mean "fuck a lot", obviously.

    ReplyDelete